Yard Waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, branches, shrubs, and small limbs. These items are no longer allowed in Illinois landfills. Depending on where you reside, Lakes Disposal offers multiple options for yard waste collection. Our most common choices are the Seasonal 96-gallon cart or the On-Call “by-the-bag” option.
To learn more about our yard waste options or pricing, please call Lakes Customer Service at (847) 366-8582 or (815) 675-0400.
YARD WASTE GUIDELINES
- Yard Waste Season runs April 1st through November 30th each year.
- Only biodegradable paper type yard waste bags may be used.
- You may use Kraft paper bags or Lakes issued yard waste containers.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will NOT be collected.
- Twigs/small branches must be bundled with twine. Twine is biodegradable.
- Bundles cannot exceed 4 feet in length with individual branches not exceeding 4 inches in diameter.
- Each bag/bundle may not exceed 50 lbs.